- To have adequate physical and digital infrastructures for the development of the sectoral fabric in the Balearic Islands.
- To increase the competitiveness of nautical companies in the Balearic Islands within global value chains.
- To integrate local value sub-chains and increase the average size of nautical companies in the Balearic Islands.
- To encourage the adoption of technology and capabilities for business innovation.
- To foster the development of collaborative projects between companies and knowledge generators at both local and global levels.
- To attract and retain talent.
- Technological innovation in companies
- Integration of the industry in the port-city interface
- Specialization and talent
- Cooperation dynamics between companies
- New business models around the circular economy and sustainability.
STRATEGIC LINES OF THE CLUSTER
1. CONSOLIDATION AND CLUSTER GROWTH
- Increasing the association’s presence in the sector.
- Strengthening the management structure.
- Consolidating and expanding the working groups.
- Extending the inclusion of associates to new links in the value chain.
- Expanding the cluster’s service catalog to its associates.
- Consolidating and intensifying BMC’s and its associates’ presence in international fairs and events.
- Strengthening BMC’s leading role in internationally held events in the Balearic Islands.
- Digitally promoting the offering of nautical services in the Balearic Islands at the international level.
3. COMPETITIVENESS AND OPEN INNOVATION
- Fostering the incorporation, in associated companies, of methodologies and certifications for process standardization, compliance, and innovation management.
- Increasing the participation of BMC and its associates in national and European projects for business innovation.
- Deploying strategies to attract international nautical Refit projects to the Balearic Islands.
- Driving the development of necessary infrastructures for the nautical industry and sector in the Balearic Islands.
- Creating forums for meetings and networking on topics of special sectorial interest: ESG, digitalization, circular economy, and nautical tourism.
- Supporting nautical entrepreneurship in the Balearic Islands.
4. HUMAN CAPITAL
- Promoting the training of young people through BMC’s involvement in nautical dual vocational training programs.
- Promoting the continuous improvement of sector-specific talent by promoting specialized training actions.
- Enhancing sector employability through a job portal.
5. GOVERNANCE AND SOCIETY
- Expanding BMC’s network of alliances at the local, national, and international levels.
- Maintaining and intensifying active institutional presence in forums and initiatives with administrations.
- Conducting open monitoring and evaluation of BMC’s strategic plan: metrics, dashboard, and dissemination of results.
1. IMPROVEMENT OF THE COMPETITIVENESS OF THE RECREATIONAL NAUTICAL REFIT INDUSTRY IN THE BALEARIC ISLANDS BASED ON SUITABLE INFRASTRUCTURES AND FACILITIES AND CLUSTER GROWTH.
- Promoting private investment in the sector.
- Encouraging the adaptation of facilities to the described target customer segmentation.
- Maximizing profitability per unit of space in facilities that enable economic development.
- Adapting facilities to expand services for base customers, itinerant clients, and visitors.
- Implementing solutions to optimize the use of facilities.
2. IMPROVEMENT OF INDUSTRY COMPETITIVENESS THROUGH DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND INNOVATION
- Driving the modernization and productivity of the sector through process digitization.
- Equipping companies in the recreational nautical value chain in the Balearic Islands with digital tools and techniques for business intelligence and competitive surveillance.
- Fostering innovation among associates and participating as a reference cluster in collaborative innovative projects.
- Being a leading forum for disseminating sectorial innovation.
3. PROMOTION OF CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN THE SECTOR
- Promoting circularity in port assets and equipment through optimizing and extending their lifespan.
- Driving projects related to the circular flow of materials used within ports through finding new uses for waste and by-products from port activities.
- Fostering a more circular shipbuilding and repair industry by implementing new processes for dismantling, classification, preparation, and reuse.
- Collaborating with sports ports and marinas to focus on appropriately managing environmental challenges, such as chronic or accidental pollution, waste management from operations, digitalization for smart lighting, or mobility.
4. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND PROMOTION OF NAUTICAL MARINE CULTURE
- Encouraging nautical activities in schools and colleges in the Balearic Islands.
- Promoting alliances and agreements with different administrations for the development of educational recreational nautical activities.
- Carrying out joint actions with nautical clubs, sports federations, and grassroots sports entities to promote educational nautical activities.
- Promoting traditional boats and maritime heritage.